Drum roll please........WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! Today at 11:00 we signed a HUGE stack of papers, were handed a key, and were told congratulations. We walked out of the title office in awe that we actually had a house.
 |
| Pretty snazzy huh? The wall/window by the door used to be a porch, but the owner extended the living room into that area to make it bigger. It made a huge difference! |
Tomorrow is the big moving day and boy are we ready! It's been a long time coming, and we feel so blessed to have a beautiful home to be moving into!! A friend of mine (who has an amazing blog by the way, check it out! notsosloth.blogspot.com) suggested I blog about our experiences/lessons learned in the house buying process and entering the "real world" after living as students for three years. Here's your first lesson in the real world: a house doesn't come with landlord-paid internet, hence the reason it's goodbye for now! (I realize not all apartments/rentals have internet, but the majority of the ones we lived in did). Until we get settled and get a budget set we won't be getting internet. I'm hoping it's not too long till we do, because the majority of our bills are paid online. Until that blessed day arrives, I'll be making a trek to my in-laws house or the library to use their internet. So the blog will probably be put on the back burner. I LOVE the idea of blogging about our experience, and maybe some of you out there have more experience in the area than I do and can give tips on making it easier. I feel like I've aged about ten years just with all we've gone through in this process. My plan is to "blog" the experience in different segments, written out in Word, then post them as I get a chance.
So until next time, thanks for reading and THANK YOU for leaving comments!
Thanks for the shout out Katie! I'm so glad you will be posting about this process. I know I will find it useful, but probably not for a decade or so. Mr Medic should be done with medical school by then right?!?! Congrats again! Enjoy the ride, I'll be right there along with you reading about it!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS, Katie!!! I'm so happy for you! (and a little jealous) :)
ReplyDeleteLove reading your blog and keeping up with your cute little twins. Hope to see another post soonish. :)
hey katie, i found your blog. loren said he saw andrew at church and that you had bought a house. that is way exciting! i hope everything is going well with you guys. it will be so much fun decorating and making the house 'yours!'
ReplyDelete