Sunday, January 10, 2010

Accomplishments

Ever notice when you feel the most accomplished?
For me, it's not after I have completed a marathon or won a big award (come on, like I could run a marathon anyway). I feel the most accomplished when I complete the goals I set for myself that involve the small, yet important, things. Most of these goals lie in the form of personal health (losing weight), and small, housewifely duties that will help me be a better wife to my husband.
It started out with Andrew wanting to get out and do something last night. After much deliberating, we went to the pool with a couple friends. What an exhilirating feeling to get out and actually be active!!! I've been meaning to go to the gym every day to exercise, but it hadn't happened yet. After having made the first step, I am excited to start this week off and do my best to stick to the schedule I have made for myself. :)
It went further today by having a desire to make some cookies for Andrew (and myself of course!) After cookies and a walk around the nature park, I decided to make some potato soup for dinner one of these nights. It grew into making meatballs for yet another dinner this week. :) After an hour or so of cooking, I have dinner for about 2-3 days this week.
All this boils down to is the simple fact that I feel accomplished when I achieve goals for personal health, and become a better wifey to my husband. I have been sadly lacking in both areas, and I have an amazing husband who doesn't complain. :) Hooray for me! I'm on the right track, and I'll update about my progress frequently.

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you and I don't think Andrew would ever complain...but he's probably not complaining because you're a great wifey. Have more confidence in yourself, and those accomplishments will roll in like...ah phooey, I can't remember my metaphor. But whatever they roll in like, it'll be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you Beth. :) I liked your metaphor, even if you didn't quite finish it. You are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete