Saturday, October 17, 2009

One Week Down

Wow! I just survived one of the hardest weeks I have had in a long time. I have stressed over every little detail about my new job until I almost made myself sick, and about drove my poor husband crazy with my emotional roller coaster.
The week started off okay, but by tuesday/wednesday I was stressed to the max. Mostly over silly things I didn't need to worry about, but basically my schedule got completely flipped and I ended up going from part time to basically full time, working 9-6 everyday with an hour break. I work with a client at school, then an "in home" client two days a week and then two days at the center with the same client. It was overwhelming for me to have been switched so quickly, and with no training/tips on in home clients. Getting adjusted to this change has not been easy, and I'm still working on it!
Almost every night this week I constantly woke Andrew up with my tossing and turning, groaning and moaning, and whatever else I did. Then, after dealing with me all night, he has to wake up and try to help me calm down, even listen to me cry my eyes out. Throughout the day he dealt with numerous text messages (when I had breaks) and phone calls. Andrew has been such an amazing support to me, and I wouldn't have made it through this week without him. He has shown me a deeper love than I thought possible for someone to feel for me. He is a worthy priesthood holder who was able to give me a blessing of comfort and peace, and was there praying with and for me every step of the way. He taught me numerous gospel principles I haven't understood fully until now, and I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven for sending me such an amazing man to be my companion. You ladies out there, do not EVER sell yourself short of a temple marriage, it is not worth it. Wait out for a man who can take you to the temple, and give you a blessing in times of need. The priesthood is a constant comfort and such a strong spirit in our home, and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.
Along with Andrew, my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have been the biggest support I have. When times were stressful, I knew I could pray for help, for strength to make it through the day. You know what? I always came home at night, wondering in amazement how I made it through another day. Through Andrew, I was blessed with comfort and peace that the Lord was mindful of me and would help me through my trials. What greater gift is in this world than that of the Gospel? It teaches us so many wonderful things, especially that Christ has a special love for all of us. He is always there, even when it seems the world is against us and the adversary is pushing us down. He is constantly there, with a hand extended to pull us up. For that, I am eternally grateful. I will keep my head up, and press on through anything I may face, because I KNOW I have two heavenly beings, a dedicated husband, and family/friends rooting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment