Monday, October 5, 2009

Domestic Trium...I mean Failures

So, normally I do an okay job at my "domestic duties." I keep the house clean, try to keep things organized, and I'm doing a much better job at grocery shopping/meal planning. However, today I apparently wasn't in the domestic groove, cause I had some issues.

In lieu of the fact my new job starts in two days, I decided to clean the house. While cleaning the bathroom, my favorite can of scrubbing bubbles ran out. Trying to be efficient, I sprayed that thing to get every last scrubbing bubble out of the can. Too late did I realize I should turn the fan on: by the time I did, my brain cells were heaving their last breath and a headache started.
Next on my list of domestic duties was to make something for dinner. Being a cold and SNOWY October day, I decided to make potato soup: yeah, sounds good huh? After getting a recipe from my sister-in-law, and adapting it a little, I attempted to make potato soup for the first time by myself. It went pretty good, I made my own little changes here and there, and was feeling proud of the fact I was making up a recipe. I got so excited that I decided to try a potato. It was the perfect tenderness, wonderful taste, and yet......always a yet.......it was HOT! Failing to wait till it cooled down, I burned my tongue on an inch piece of potato. Now I won't be able to tell if the soup tastes good or not.....my taste buds are gone.

This concludes my attempts at domestic duties for today. Forget the blasted sugar cookies I was going to make for my visiting teaching girls. If you need me the rest of the afternoon, I'll be nursing my brain cells (headache) and taste buds back to life....but I'm staying away from all medicinal remedies...I shudder to think what would happen if I even got NEAR that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment