We made a fort today: cue childhood memories!! We've had a rough day with naps not lasting very long, and babies wanting to be mobile but can't quite make it work. So instead of breaking down in tears and giving up on having a good day, I decided we would make a fort. Instant mood changer! Got us out of the normal dull day, and distracted us for almost an hour and a half.
Will they remember it? Probably not. Will they remember the dozen nursery rhymes I read, the toys we played with? Probably not. Will they know their mom loves them no matter yet? You bet they will!! What will I remember? Their wide eyes looking up at the blanket above them, their smiles as I made funny voices/faces for the stories we read. The cooing and laughing they did as we 'wrestled' and I tickled them. I forsee many fort days in the future...which leads me to a question for you. How do you make your forts? I never seem to get them quite right and they usually end up falling on me! Fortunately that didn't occur today, but share your fort making tips with us!!
We would use scriptures as weights on tables, piano, couches etc. and I'd recommend using a sheet instead. :)
ReplyDeleteWay to change your day around, Katie!