Friday, March 18, 2011

Hospital Visit

Yes, I'm at the hospital right now and due to the wi-fi restrictions I can't get on facebook. Sad to say, it is driving me bonkers not being able to get on. So to update everyone on my current condition I'm blogging about it. :) As long as Andrew's computer battery holds out...
   Last night about 9:30 I realized I had a headache that hadn't gone away the past couple hours. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but at my dr's appt I was told that because of my high blood pressure I really needed to watch for symptoms that it was high again: one of those symptoms being a headache. I almost didn't do anything about it, but Andrew and I decided we better get my blood pressure checked just in case. We went to the ER, and they sent us up to to Labor and Delivery. We were in the exam room for about 2 1/2 hours, waiting for lab results from my blood test to come back, and waiting to see if my blood pressure went down. It didn't go down the entire time, so they decided to send me home on bed rest until Monday. Within ten minutes that plan changed and they had me stay here at the hospital. Thankfully I was given a more comfortable room and bed. I am doing a 24 hour urine test where they collect my urine in a jug for 24 hours. After the 24 hours are up they will test it for protein. If the protein number is greater than 5000 they will have to induce labor to avoid any danger to the twins and me. If the number is lower than 300 I will be sent home but kept on strict bed rest.


   So far this morning my blood pressure has gone down, but is still in an undesirable range. My amazing husband stayed the night with me in the hospital last night in a teeny tiny cot. It even has bed rails on both sides so he doesn't fall out. :) He gave me a blessing and now we're just playing the waiting game. My urine test is over at 12:30 tonight, and then they will test it. We will know what is going on tomorrow morning: whether I get to go home or if we will become parents within the next couple days!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you sure have gone through a lot. Stay strong, and soon both of those babies will be in your arms! I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete