Update on my hospital stay:
My protein test came back with low numbers, but still a little higher than what it should be. My blood pressure has gone down since thursday night, but is still at an undesirable level. Typical blood pressures are 120/80 (if I remember right) and my blood pressure has been staying around 145/103, give or take a few numbers in that range. The doctor wanted to keep me here to continue monitoring it, and tomorrow morning at 6 am they will start another protein test. Tuesday morning at 6am the test will be over and we will receive the results by mid-day. If the protein numbers are high, or if my blood tests come back showing signs of problems in my kidneys, then they will have to deliver the twins. If numbers are low enough I may be able to go home on bed rest, or may have to stay in the hospital on bed rest. The doctor wants the twins to at least make it to Friday when they will be 37 weeks. Even a few days will benefit their development so we're hoping they stay put for a few more days!
I am feeling just fine, not sick or anything. Bed rest hasn't been too difficult, just rather boring. I'm not experiencing any of the typical symptoms of high blood pressure so things have been pretty easy for me. I'm on an iron pill because I'm slightly anemic, but other than that I'm doing great! The twins are just fine and have no problems whatsoever. Andrew has been an amazing support to me this whole time, doing his homework here and making sure I have everything I need. He spent the first two nights at the hospital with me but finally went home to sleep last night. Sleeping arrangements aren't that comfortable for spouses here. Thank you to everyone who has called/texted to let me know you were thinking of me. I appreciate all the prayers and calls I've received!!
I'm sorry you're still in the hospital, but at least you and the babies are safe there. Have you gotten the results from your urine test yet?
ReplyDeleteGood Luck Katie! I'll keep you in my prayers!
ReplyDelete