Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Senses

Our eyes were made to see, our nose to smell, our hands to feel, our tongue to taste, and our ears to hear God's creations and witness his love for us. All five senses, equally important, cannot compare to the joy I feel being able to hear and see. My last dr. appointment gave me a chance to utilize two of my senses to witness the sound of my babies' heartbeats and see their growing bodies on the ultrasound screen. What an amazing witness of Heavenly Father's love for me, for all his children! He has entrusted Andrew and I with two of his precious children to raise as our own on this earth, and the enormity of that responsibility is enough to terrify me some days, but mostly gives me peace.
                As the tech was moving the ultrasound thing (don't know what it is called!) around, I got to see my two children again, and see how much they have grown within the last four weeks. I saw tiny fingers attached to tiny hands, the spine and heads of both, and even had one little guy "wave" at me (though if you ask Andrew, he is "flexing" in the picture). The next moment was one I will never forget: the strong *thump* *thump* of each heartbeat, signifying that both are growing healthy so far, and letting me know they were still there. I am so grateful and so excited to become a parent to these two precious children!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than seeing an ultrasound and hearing a tiny heartbeat. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, that's great news! When do you find out if they're boys/girls/one of each?

    ReplyDelete