Remember when I posted about not moving into a house of our own? How we didn't know why we felt the way we did? I'm starting to realize the blessing of not having rent to pay this summer. Our car has had so many different things come up this summer that had we been paying rent, we would have depleted our finances quickly. The problems haven't been serious, just various routine maintenance that happened to all happen in the same summer. We have put about 45,000 miles on the car since getting it in December of 2008. To start off with, our alignment was off causing our tires to wear down faster. I had two flat tires within about two weeks of each other. We were lucky enough to find a good deal on some great tires, so that is taken care off, and almost completely paid for. Last week my air conditioner fan switch stopped working, except on the highest setting, so I need to get that fixed soon. Yesterday at work I was about to leave and pick up my client, and my car wouldn't start. The battery was dead (although I knew that was coming up since last November) and I just got a new one this morning. In other words, what we would have been paying in rent has gone into car maintenance. I feel so grateful it wasn't anything worse! It is still such a great car, and we're so grateful to have it.
We have also been able to save so much more money than we have been able to in the past. We are about to pay off a credit card, and it feels soooooo good to finally be almost rid of it!! My testimony has grown so much this summer, especially about learning to recognize promptings and following through with them. You never know what may happen, or why things need to happen the way they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment