Monday, July 12, 2010

First Fishing Trip

I went on my first actual fishing trip yesterday with Andrew, my father-in-law Toby, and brother-in-law Jeremy. We live just above the Snake river so we just hooked the boat up and went down to the draw. I have never really fished before (held a fishing pole, but didn't do much with it) so this trip was fun! Andrew taught me how to cast the line, and once I actually got a bite (which surprised me so bad I started screaming) Toby guided me in hooking the fish and staying with it to reel it in. It was a fighter and my arm hurt after holding onto the pole for so long. It was a nice size bass (or so I was told, I don't know what is good or not), and shortly after I caught another one! It was a great experience, and Andrew is estatic I enjoyed myself. Now he can justify buying fishing licenses for both of us, and our own poles. That might have to wait a bit,
but it definetly was a fun day!

The beautiful Snake River! It definetly has its dangerous qualities, but in the hands of an able boatman (my father-in-law) it was so fun!

3 comments:

  1. You're braver than I am! I have been fishing many times but I absolutely refused to take the fish off the line if I caught one, and I NEVER stick my fingers in it's mouth! Way to go Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I am happy that the first fishing trip was with your hubby, but I am sad that it wasn't with me! I was supposed to teach you how to fish and gut it and everything. But I guess Andrew is a better choice. LOVE YOU KATIE KINS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one! Garrett recently caught his 1st fish as well! (this is Annie by the way)

    ReplyDelete