I'm pretty sure I have at least two posts named "frustrated". However, I couldn't come up with another word, and frankly, I didn't want to think that hard. Life is full of ups and downs, and right now it's kind of in a down.
I always prided myself on not being the girl in high school who was obsessed with my weight. I never worried about what I looked like, or how much weight I gained, etc. I was completely confident in what I looked like. Throughout college, my metabolism sky rocketed, due mainly to walking everywhere I think, and I basically was tall, skinny, and eating anything and everything. How awesome is that?! I never had to watch what I ate, and never purposefully exercised, like going to the gym or anything. Well, things have changed considerably since then.
Since getting married, I've put on more weight than I ever thought possible. It's bad when you watch The Biggest Loser and some of the contestants weight less than you. Honestly, if I was short, I would be in big trouble. The fact I'm 6 foot hides how much I've gained. This has been really rough on me, and Andrew too, cause he has to deal with my tears all the time. HOW DO I GET RID OF ALL THIS?! This is the frustrating part: is it due to lack of exercise/eating habits (MOST likely), lack of taking the thyroid pill I was on for awhile, or my birth control pill? Whatever the reason, it's FRUSTRATING and I want to change it......but I don't know how. Okay, okay, I do know: change eating habits, exercise daily, etc. Problem is, I barely manage to make dinner a couple times a week, I don't know how to eat "healthy" and I try doing the gym thing....but it's difficult when I get home at 6:30 every night. I know, excuses, excuses, but I can't help myself. I'm in a 'down" remember? :) Sorry for ranting and raving about all this, but I feel much relieved that someone out there is reading this, and probably has empathy for me. It could be a lot worse, and I'm thankful it's not, but this is definetly a trial to me. If anyone has any tips, advice, or comfort to offer, please share! :) Thanks for listening....reading.....understanding......
It's very hard to find the time to exercise. Trust me, I know. I gained a lot of weight after I got married too. One thing I've learned through gaining weight (and having two kids) is that you need to learn to love your body. Granted, you don't want yourself to get to a weight that is very unhealthy, but gaining weight after marriage is very common. Don't let it get you down. If you really want to do something about it, just make a plan and tell yourself you're gonna follow through, and don't beat yourself up if you miss a day or something. Things will get better, I promise :)
ReplyDeleteI definitely feel your pain! One big realization....people gain weight after marriage. I gained (shhh...don't tell anyone) like 25 pounds since being married. I weigh about 30 pounds more than I did in high school. So, it happens...your husband still loves you the same. I am in the same boat with you. No time to exercise. And with working 40 hours a week and doing 8 credit hours a week, I don't have time to cook either! Also! I think birth control has a lot to do with slowing down your metabolism...so dont get down and think that it is ALL your fault because it's not! Love ya!
ReplyDelete