I feel like a little kid today!! Being a developmental therapist in a fourth grade classroom, I get to experience fourth grade all over again. Pretty much the coolest thing in the world. :D I have made a Christmas ornament for my mommy, made a little puppy keychain out of pom poms, and have done numerous word finds, searches, etc. I love being around all the little kids, although it makes me miss my siblings and nephews, and makes me wish I had my own kids. Christmas time seems to be the time that brings out the best in people, and it brings out my childhood once more. Tonight when Andrew got home I chased him around the apartment with my cold hands: it felt wonderful to laugh and goof off again.
Christmas is always a time for me to reflect on the past year, and to look forward to the next year. The past year has been full of so many unique experiences and so many blessings that I cannot deny the power of the Gospel in my life. First off, a year ago I married my sweetheart in the Twin Falls Temple for time and eternity. Along with that first year of marriage comes the expected ups and downs, and learning and growing together. It has been full of "close calls" and numerous blessings. Our families have been a huge support to us, and love us so much, and have helped us out in so many ways. So, during this Christmas season, I thank those who have shown their love and support to us, and I also bear my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. Without it, I would not be with my husband now, have my family, and have the knowledge, peace and comfort that I feel. Those are the greatest gifts I could ever receive, and would not trade them for anything. For if I don't have those, then what do I have?
No comments:
Post a Comment