Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Blessings...
Pay your tithing....blessings will come!!! Financially, Andrew and I have struggled just as any normal married, college student couple does. December, this month, was turning out to be our hardest month financially, and we really wondered how we were going to make it through. As we have struggled with paying bills, we decided that we would still pay our tithing, even if it meant we wouldn't have enough for a bill, etc. As we have paid our tithing, blessings have come in unexpected ways. One instance, a couple weeks ago, consisted of being able to pay a bill we thought we were going to have to pay late, therefore incurring late fees. The latest instance, being tonight, as I looked at our bank account I realized we were about $60 richer than we thought, resulting in being able to finish paying our bills and STILL having some left over until the next few paychecks come in. Andrew has also been blessed with having the opportunity to work full days the past week. Each of these blessings I know have come from paying our tithing. It's something we've struggled with, but as we have become stronger in our desire to do what we know to be right, things have worked out for us, when there seemed to be no way for things to work. I am so grateful for the principles we have been taught by our parents and church leaders, and through the examples of others around us. I am going to bed a grateful soul tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Enjoy these "blessing" times---looking back the financial struggles were some of the happiest times together, because we had to rely on each other and we made it through. Things will only get better, and you are right about the tithing thing---windows of heaven do open up! Merry Christmas to you both! Julee
ReplyDelete