Saturday, August 6, 2011

Update: Warning, it might be slightly lengthy!!

Wow, over a month since I've written! I always want to be a good blogger, always adding updates, etc. My problem is, however, is I bore MYSELF with what I write sometimes, while other blogs are always so interesting and seems like people actually do fun things with their life!! We do have fun though, and I'll try to do a quick update (sorry no pictures...Andrew has the camera with him!)
1. Birthday was July 9th, went to Zoo Boise with my family...tons of fun!
2. Hiked into Jump Creek with the babies...put their feet in the cold water which they DID NOT like!
3. Scared out of my sleep by a crop duster flying directly above the house...took some cool pictures!
4. Went to Lake Lowell and walked on the "beach"
5. Drove around areas of Nampa/Caldwell I didn't know existed, all so we could let the kids sleep longer and take a good nap.
6. Got a sweet double stroller that ended up getting a ripped seat (got a free replacement!), and three flat tires, all of which are now replaced and we are back in business!
7. Bought more diapers I ever thought possible.
8. Went to my Grandpa Bingham's funeral, which was the first funeral I have been to that had military rites:
VERY cool to see, although Braydon didn't like the guns. Grandpa was 90 years old, and I am so grateful he got the chance to see the twins numerous times. He told me more than once he had waited a long time for twins to appear in the family again (his dad was a twin and hasn't been any more until now!). He left quite a legacy behind him and I'm proud to call myself his granddaughter!

There was a lot more we did, but that's all I can think of. :) Here is an update on how the babies are developing!
            Braydon
 tries to scoot himself on the floor, no more rolling
finally outweighs his sister by half a pound for the first time in his young life
LOVES being outside, would stay out there all day if he could 
loves his routine and to stay in it
can clear out a room with his toots
knows what he wants when he wants it, sometimes it takes me a couple days to figure it out

           McKenzie 
 grins at anyone who comes to get her out of bed
cries at anyone who startles her and will then glare at them, even a few days after. She doesn't forgive easily!can sleep anywhere at naptime, even a shopping cart at Costco
will finally cuddle with mommy (she would with Dad and her Grandma Bell, but not me)
can give any boy a run for his money with her toots
is reaching for toys and putting EVERYTHING in her mouth

 Both babies love eating their hands/fists (what baby doesn't?) Their schedule is pretty much set, which includes sleeping from 9:30 to 7:30 every night. Eat every three hours, and in between times is full of playing and exploring! Both are so content as long as their needs are met, and have the most adorable smiles. I love that they sleep 10 hours a night, yet here I am, 10:30 at night, blogging instead of sleeping. :) They are great travelers and put up with me and Andrew taking them to town and wherever else strikes our fancy. More updates later, when I have pictures to break up the monotony of words. Sorry all....

No comments:

Post a Comment