I love how things work out in ways I never expect! Andrew and I moved back to Rexburg last saturday in order for Andrew to start his Area Director duties for RecSports. I have known for awhile that I needed to find a job when we got back up here, but nothing was really working out. A developmental agency in Rigby never returned my emails/calls about job openings, and I did not want to go back to the job I had while in Idaho Falls. The commute wore me out some days and it was a lot of traveling/gas expenses. The other day I was to the point where I was about to call them and see if they had an opening: I needed a job fast! I had a feeling to wait, and this is what happened:
A month and a half ago I called an agency in Rexburg called Upper Valley Options to see if they had an DT (developmental therapist) jobs open. They only had IBI open, for which I'm not yet qualified for. When we got back up here to school, I felt I should try again. I called, and they didn't have DT openings, but encouraged me to come pick up an application anyway and they would keep it on file. I went in on Monday to pick one up, and they said they were hiring for a DS (developmental specialist). I took the application back in the same afternoon, waited a day, and got a call on Wednesday to come in and talk about the position. I was offered the position of Adult Developmental Specialist! Being a DS was something I thought about occasionally, but never actually was going to pursue. This job is perfect for me, and us, right now! It's in Rexburg, a five minute drive from our apartment, I start at $12 an hour, and never work more than a 40 hour week! It has worked out so easily I know the Lord had a hand in it and was looking out for me. Upper Valley Options has such an amazing facility (from what I've seen of it so far), and they seem like good people to work with. I have to study and take an exam to certify, and then I'll be trained to be a DS. I'm very excited about this opportunity to increase my knowledge and skills in the developmental therapy field, and look forward to when I start! I even get an office and a computer. :)
Congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Katie!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray! You are very blessed (^_^)
ReplyDelete