Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Homedale Fun

Andrew and I thoroughly enjoy being back in Homedale! We are living with his family for the time being, until we're able to find a place of our own for the summer. It's slightly crowded, what with nine people living here, but it has actually been really nice! We've been so blessed to have Andrew's family so willing to help us out, and we've enjoyed being here so far. We are on the lookout for our own place however, it will be nice to be in our own place again.


Who wants bacon?! We are the proud owners of Chuck Norris, a Hampshire pig, who is to serve as our bacon, sausage, and every other pig product you can think of! :) Andrew's parents, his brother's family, us, and his uncle's family all bought pigs to raise up and butcher in the fall for some nice meat. They are growing quickly and lllooooovvveeee to be petted and scratched. They run up to anybody who comes near their pen and will stand there, waiting to be pet. It's quite hilarious actually! It'll be easier leading them into the trailer when it comes fall time. :D

 I have found that Andrew and I are able to have more fun together now than while in Rexburg. For one, I'm not stressed about work and gone all day, and Andrew is not stressed with school, RecSports, and being gone a lot. He's gone for work now, but I am able to go see him when he's driving his swather, and we have been able to spend more quality time together. Such as, riding the old trike at his parents house, breaking it in the process! :)


Andrew took an archery class this past semester, so he pulled out his Dad's bow to shoot some arrows and keep his skills fresh. His older brother joined him later with his bow, and it was fun to see them shooting at the turkey target!



I will try to keep up with pictures, instead of just words. I love looking at others' blogs full of pictures and interesting stories, so I will try to be more interesting!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment