I wake up to the sound of my alarm at 5:30. I groan, punch the snooze button, and cuddle up to my husband and go back to sleep. 9 minutes later, the stupid alarm goes off yet again. I know for a fact now that it is Monday morning and time to get ready. Why do I get up so early, you ask? I am student teaching at Highland High School in the wonderful land of Pocatello, ID. I live in Rexburg with my husband Andrew, so I need to get up at 5:30 in order to get ready and leave by 6:40. It takes roughly an hour to make the drive.
My day starts off by writing the daily assignment on the board for my 9th grade English class and my speech classes. Freshman English comes first: thank heaven I only have ONE English class; otherwise I'm not sure how I would survive. Currently we are finishing up Romeo and Juliet, and boy am I glad it's over! It has been fun, but it's definetly time to move onto something new. I am in the middle of grading research papers and thinking, "What am I getting into?" The next four classes are 9-12 grade speech. Right now we are in the middle of delivering their Informative Speeches. They are interesting students, that's for sure. The things they say sometimes causes me to just shake my head and move on.
I have 5th hour planning, so it's wonderful to have that break time. My cooperating teacher is quite amazing; she is such a great asset and I have learned so much from her! I'm going to miss her when I'm done, but it'll be a great feeling to know I've done the best I can and learned so much. Speaking of being done, I have three weeks of teaching left!! (not counting this week) I graduate April 10th and am soooo excited!!!!
I think this is a long enough post for now, but I'll keep you updated on my wonderful life! :)
You didn't accept those late papers did you??! Guess what, everyone loved the shirts you helped me pick. Shame on you for not picking less though haha! I'm glad I got to see you this weekend. Let's play soon!
ReplyDelete